Well Call Me Syrup & Stuff My French Toast
It was time. Time to call down the thunder. It had been awhile since I whipped up this concoction but it is definitely one of my trump cards.
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST. This shit literally got two of my closest friends engaged. Don't believe me? I'll get you their contact info. I was there when it happened. Are you ready to harness the power of love into a breakfast dish that has the power to slay dragons from the sky? Give moles the gift of vision? But most importantly....engage the earth-shaking force of love?? It WILL happen. Grab your wings & your bow n' arrow....time to Cupid up the kitchen.
What You'll Need:
- Croissants. This one's key. Don't use bread for this particular recipe. Snag as many as you think folks will eat.
- Blis Bourbon Maple Syrup Honestly, buy that potion right now. You will NEVER regret it. Even Aunt Jemima uses that freshness.
- 1 block of cream cheese....soft.
- 1 lb of strawberries
- 6 oz of blueberries (With the fruit you can experiment, this just happens to be my go-to combo)
- Heavy whipping cream
- 2% milk
- Cinnamon Sugar
What You'll Do:
- Slice a solid slit into the croissants so you've got room to cram the goods. Set aside.
- Mix about a cup of the heavy whipping cream, 1 1/2 to 2 cups of the milk and 3-4 eggs in a....yup, you guessed it, a mixing bowl. Dash in a couple shakes of cinnamon sugar. Go nuts if you love that shit. I sure do. Try not to overdo though, nut job.
- Cut up the strawberries and mix with blueberries.
- Mix the block of cream cheese and about 3/4 of a cup of syrup into a bowl. Whisk it, beat it or use your best moves to blend that duo up nicely. You're looking for a thicker substance. Once blended add in the fruit and mix together gently or a little rough. However you like to give it out!
- Heat up your skillet, griddle or frying pan and get ready to cook! I'd say medium eat so you're less apt to burn. Again, my preference as I move a little slower throughout the kitchen.
- You put a croissant in one hand, you scoop the cream cheese/fruit filling into the other....just don't shake them all about. Jam the filling into the cut you made for the croissants.
- Now dip that sucker into the egg/milk mixture. Coat WELL. Let that shit soak. Once you're satisfied lay down gently in the pan or on your griddle.
- Flip when bread is golden brown. Repeat 6-8 like a madman and treat your significant other to breakfast in bed, your friends to a hearty brunch or God to a relaxing Sunday meal. Trust me....he'll be glad ya did.